Protect all your data!
Access Governance for unstructured data
Companies have to process ever greater volumes of unstructured data – such as documents, spreadsheets, presentations or e-mails – on a daily basis. This leads to increasingly intransparent file systems and access authorizations. Information security is threatened by undesired rights accumulations, multiple used accounts and orphaned user rights of former employees. What you need to fix this problem is clarity on who may access what data, who controls data access and whether the file system has structural weaknesses that facilitate unwanted data leakage.
How do we protect your data?
For data protection we use a Three-Stage Model: A permission audit is performed based on a proven method. The results can be used to clean-up the access rights of the file systems automatically. The last stage will be the software-based execution of the Data Access Governancemodule.
1. Permission Audit: Analysis & reporting
- Permission analysis: Automatic identification and analysis of access rights to unstructured data including reporting on “who is authorized to do what and who allocated which permission when?”
- Security analysis: generation of a list with a ranking of threat potentials based on key risk factors.
- Results reports: Evaluation of the cost of resolving security issues, including recommendations for action.
2. Clean-Up: Consolidation and migration of the existing file systems
- Tidy up permissions and structures in the file systems.
- Data and access rights migration without affecting the business processes.
3. Data Access Governance: Monitoring and control of access rights
- Secure management of information, authorizations and resources in systems with unstructured data.
- Data owners in the specialist departments autonomously control their access without direct intervention of the IT department.
- No more rights are assigned in violation of rules: Rights management based on business-oriented requests and release workflows covering the whole lifecycle from request and assignment through to validation and secure revoking.
- Integrated compliance checks: Ensure compliance with the company’s internal and legal regulations for managing access to critical data (SOX, PCI, DPA, HIPAA, FISMA, …).
- Comparison of target/actual rights: High-risk deviations are identified on the spot.
How does GARANCY DAG work:
Enhance your IAM solution with Access Governance
All applications and data including unstructured data will be centrally managed and controlled. The GARANCY DAG data access governance module can be linked with the GARANCY IAM suite to achieve anything from a loose connection through to deep, extensive integration. All information is provided by the superordinate IAM system.
- Data owners in the specialist departments autonomously control their access without direct intervention of the IT department. it allows data owners to decide who may access certain data resources when, where and to what extent.
- Single Point of Administration: Administrators, operators and users can take all actions in their familiar environment with no need to accustom themselves to additional systems.DAG is incorporated into existing self-service portals and integrated into existing reporting.
- Proof of fulfillment of compliance requirements and internal regulations and improved audit capabilities
|You want to know more?|
Please call us: +49 (0)221 - 165 015 155
Contact us by email: iam(at)betasystems.com
Use our contact form.
- Improved protection of unstructured data
- Identification of security breaches and high risk threats
- Detection of unnecessary access rights
- Enterprise-wide enforcement of access policies via workflows requests and approvals
- Integrated compliance checks
- Improved audit capabilities
GARANCY DAG brochure